Forgetting your site admin username or password is a common occurrence and your WordPress site has functionality built-in to cater for these occasions. The forgot password screen will allow to enter your email address and your WordPress site will email you further instructions to set a new password.
- Go to http://yourdomain.com/wp-login.php (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name)
- Click on the ‘Lost your Password’ link
- You will be redirected to http://yourdomain.com/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword
- Enter your username of email address of your admin account and submit the form
- Check your email account to receive further instructions
Things To Consider
When selecting a new password ensure you use a strong combination of lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and symbols. Passwords should not be birthdays, children/pet names or human readable.